Monday 18 April 2011

Ruby and Millie + Barry M Haul

Hey!

As most of you will now know, Ruby and Millie are discontinuing their make up line. I popped into boots the other day to make a dent in all the vouchers I was given for my birthday, and I noticed that they had a stand with ALL Ruby and Millie products for £2.50. I headed straight over to see what I could pick up, and got a few little things.



I used to use one of their foundations, so was hoping that I could grab a couple of those (as they are usually £16) but they unfortunately didn't have my shade.

When I got to the till to pay for everything, it turned out that all the products had been reduced AGAIN to £1.25, so I literally turned back around to grab some more things!

Apart from the foundation I mentioned above, I have never really used much Ruby and Millie, but for the price, I couldn't really go wrong!


Nail Colour, Blue 610C (RRP £10)
I thought this was a lovely summery colour to suit the weather we have been lucky enough to have recently


Pre Base Formula O (RRP £9.50)
Too fuel my ever growing obsession with primers


Lip Gloss in Pink 41 (top) and Twilight 42 (bottom) (RRP £11.50 each)



Face and Body Metal in Rose Gold (RRP £11.50)
I thought this would make a nice, cream eye shadow.

On the subject of the Face and Body Meta, it left me rather puzzled, and I was hoping that one of you would be able to help me. As I have said, I have never really used Ruby and Millie products, so I didn't really know what to expect. I bought this sealed, got it home and opened it to have a look -


The product seems so empty and almost as if it has already been used. I know this is very unlikely as it was sealed, but it is quite a big pot to have such a little amount of product in, and considering it is a face and body product, I expected there to be a little bit more. Either that or at least a smaller pot so that the product didn't get lost in it. Is this normal?

Anyway apart from that, I was really happy to get all of these products for £6.25 instead of £54!

The last thing I got was a bit of a change for me.



I never EVER where lipstick EVER, but I love the idea of wearing it, so I decided to push the boat out and get this Barry M one for £4.99 in shade 146. The colour is hardly backwards in coming forwards, so it is going to be a bit of a shock change for me to wear it, but the weather has inspired me to get a bit experimental with colour. I love it!

Once I have had chance to have a play with everything, I will let you know what I think.

Lots of Love

Lola...x

3 comments:

  1. The Face and Body Metal looks great! Except for the lack of it... :S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no i din't know they were being discontinued :( just checked boots and their products are half price, i really should of looked instore the other day! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get them from the website, in store they are all £1.25, rather than just half price x

    ReplyDelete