Wednesday 20 April 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Review...

Hey!


I was advised by my best friend Tasha to try this foundation. I've looked at it a couple of times, but I have been really reluctant to try it. I think it might be the idea of having something on my skin for 25 hours. But it was on offer in Boots for £4.99, Tasha had been going on about how good it was, and I guess really its never going to be on my skin for 25 hours unless I let it - and any other foundation that claims to be long lasting I jump on like theres no tomorrow. I originally went into boots to get the Bourjois Healthy Mix that everyone seems to be raving about, but I found that the shades were all very yellow, and I couldn't really find one that was even close to matching me. Anyone else had this problem?

Anyway on with the review! What do Rimmel Say?

'Want a foundation that lasts as long as you do? Giving a smooth lightweight coverage, Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation leaves skin feeling hydrated all day. The transfer proof and fade proof formula means your foundation now lasts up to 25 hours, for a day that never stops.'

I like the look of the packaging - tall and sleek with the always handy pump to despense the foundation.

I got this in Ivory. The colour match is really good, I'm realy impressed with it.

The formula of the foundation is very dry. It needs to be blended pretty quickly after applying it, before it dries and does not budge. It can be pretty hard to get used to at first, but once you've got it, its really good as it really doesn't budge. It leaves a lovely smooth, flawless finish, and lasts all day. I'd say that by late afternoon I could occassionally do with a few touch ups around my chin and nose, but that's it. Whether it lasts 25 hours is another story, and not really something I'm interested in finding out, but it definitely has the staying power that I require.

On the whole this is a really good foundation, and, although it may be a little dry for me, I have been really happy with it. It hasn't beaten my favourite Maybelline Foundation, but it has put up a good fight.

It would be interesting to know how this compares to the Revlon ColourStay Foundation, which is the next budget foundation on my list, as it would be a great, cheaper alternative.

Lots of Love

Lola...x


No comments:

Post a Comment