Friday 15 April 2011

Nailease - The Instant Manicure Review...

A couple of months ago Big Fashionista posted a Nailease Review (click here to see the hilarious review) and every since then I have been dying to get my hands on a pack to try out.


So the pack promises that this is the instant manicure for girls on the go, perfect shiny nails, zero drying time and no smudges. sounds too good to be true right? So whats the catch?

The truth is, if there is a catch, I really cannot find it.

I went for a black with white spots pattern from Boots for £5.99.

Included in the pack are 20 nail strips, a nail buffer and a cuticle stick.

The pack goes through the 5 simple steps to take to getting lovely glossy nails. 

1. Select the size that fits your nail

2. Gently remove clear film from top of the nail sticker then gently remove the clear film from bottom of the nail sticker holding the silver strip. 

3. Hold the nail sticker by the silver strip and place the rounded side at nail base sticky side down. Note you can gentle pull off and reposition without damaging the strip.

4. Firmly smooth the nail surface until wrinkle free. Note you can gentle stretch vertically and horizontally for a wrinkle free surface.

5. Fold the excess of the nail strip under the nail. Then gently file of the excess in a downward motion. 

So having read the instructions, I was worried. In my experience, when something sounds so simple, its never going to be as easy as expected. 

So I thought peeling off the clear film from the nail stickers would be my first issue. I HATE peeling off the film of double sided tape, and it always takes me ages. But it was great when they came off almost on their own, really easily. 

So far so good.

The next issue would be positioning it on my nail. I assumed that I had to get it right straight away, because even if I could peel it off and reposition if I went wrong, it would never sit right. Wrong again. The stickers are fairly ridget so the ends don't curl round and stick to itself, making it a really un-fiddly job, and if the positioning was slightly wrong, it was really easy to replace it.

So the main problem would definitely be when smoothing the surface of the nail out. It was going to have a rubbish finish by becoming all wrinkly and bumpy. Nope. all of the nails smoothed out perfectly, no ridges or kinks, just perfectly glossy nails.

Having cut and filed off the excess strips, I ended up with these beauties.




I really can't get over just how easy it was to apply these nails. And they look so good too!

The range of sizes available in the nail stickers is great and will fit most hands. 

There is a limited range available from boots for £5.99, but if you head over to the website, they have a larger range available, patterned, coloured and french manicure, for the same price.

I will certainly be using these regularly. I will be stocking up to take them on holiday to do around the pool. Really. That's how easy they are.

I love these, and really want EVERYONE to try them! Go on. Do it.

Lots of Love

Lola...x

1 comment:

  1. they look sooo awesome! i need to try them now for sure, thanks doll! xo

    ReplyDelete