Thursday 21 April 2011

Milk_Shake Glistening Argan Oil Review...



I bought this a couple of months ago in my local salon. I went in with the intention of getting some Moroccan Oil, as my housemate raves about it so much. After a bit of a chat, Debbie, my hairdresser brought this Milk_Shake Glistening Argan Oil to my attention, explaining that they had been trialing both this one and the Moroccan Oil in the salon, and this one had proved to be the most popular of the two. I bought a sample 10ml pot for £3.99, with the 50ml bottles retailing at approximately £16.

The idea is to massage a tiny drop, about the size of a smartie, into damp washed hair from scalp to tip. Milk_Shake say that this conditioning treatment leaves the hair smooth, silky and conditioned with an 'amazing shine'.

The smell of the oil is just amazing. It's a very gentle, subtle smell, almost like that of baby bath products.

When applying it to my hair, especially as I have such thick hair, it felt like it wasn't going anywhere or making any difference. This feeling continued as I brushed it through my hair, as it didn't give that instant softness that you sometimes get from condition treatments, or hair serums.

I first noticed the difference it made when the blow drying time of my hair was reduced significantly. As I was drying it, it seemed to become softer and extremely shiny.

After being styled, my hair felt lovely and really conditioned, but not to the point where it felt like it had left an artificial film over my hair. It feels really natural and fresh, and still very manageable.

I really love this hair product, I really feel like it is doing my hair some good, rather than being gimicky and a one hit wonder. I'm amazed at how long my little tub has lasted me, and how much difference a little tiny drop of it makes. I try not to use it all the time, and I've found that once a week is enough to keep my hair looking and feeling fabulous.

Have any of you tried the Moroccan Oil? Would you recommend I try it?

Lots of Love

Lola...x

No comments:

Post a Comment