Saturday 5 February 2011

Lush Facemasks...

Hey Guys :)

I hope you are well and you are all enjoying your Saturday.



I wanted to pop a little post about these lovely Lush facemasks. I often wander in and like the look of these masks, so over the past month I decided to try a couple out.

The two that I went for were Cupcake and Brazened Honey.



I have tried both of these out a couple of times now, but I thought I would treat myself to another one this morning. I love putting facemasks on with other people - it makes it all a lot more fun, and seeing as the boy is playing rugby today, I popped home to see the family - and it would appear that my little brother wanted in on the action instead :) (sorry about the picture quality of this one, it was taken on his phone.). Note the elastic band holding his hair up! Bless him!
So in this picture I am wearing Brazened Honey and Lewi is sporting the rather chocolatey Cupcake. 

So lets have a look at Brazened Honey.



What do Lush say?
'A powerhouse of effective ingredients for all tired skins. exfoliating, detoxifying, stimulating and nourishing.
Refreshing herbs and fruit Juice are blended with warming Ayurvedic herbs and spices. With Ground Almonds to polish and moisturising Honey, this blend leaves the skin vibrant and re-vitalised.'

This mask has a really strong fragrance of... I'm not really too sure what. It's not an unpleasent smell by any means, but I can't quite put my finger on it. You can smell the herbs in it for sure - but after that I'm pretty stuck...

The mask itself is quite dry, a lot more than I thought it would be. It is very course, much like a scrub, so when I was applying it, it really felt like it was removing any dry and damaged skin. For the ten minutes I had it on, it felt really refreshing and lovely - it felt as though it was really brightening my skin up. I had that cool and soothing feeling when you first apply a mask the whole time I was wearing it - it was really refreshing and nice. After taking the mask off, my skin felt lovely and velvety smooth, and was really bright for a good couple of days.

Cupcake -


What do Lush say?
'Chocolate heaven for oily and teenage skin. Its action removes excess oil and calms breakouts. Rhassoul Mud cleans and soothes, Cocoa Butter, Linseed and Cocoa Powder soften the skin. Balancing Peppermint, Spearmint and Sandalwood Oils complete this effective and delicious experience.'

The first thing I noticed about this mask is the amazing chocolatey smell. Although it is still quite thick and course, it's not as dry and course as the other one, so it was kind of easier to apply and felt smoother on the skin. 

This one didn't feel as refreshing on my skin while I was wearing it, but then I guess thats not the intention of this mask. By no means was it unpleasent to wear like other masks I have tried. It was easy to clean off, which I was happy about, as sometimes masks can take a lot of rubbing off, leaving my skin red and sore. This one felt quite gentle on my skin, but I loved the results. My skin was definitely left less oily and more even, and beautifully soft. I would say that the results didn't last as long as the other mask, but I was still really pleased.

I loved both of these masks and would highly recommend both of them. I think they were about £4.50 each, and both contain 75g worth of profit. I've used both of them a few times each, and as you can tell by the photos, I am yet to hit the bottom! I love the packaging of them, and they are really easy to store.
They do say that they should be kept chilled, but I have not been doing this and they have kept fine for me. They do also have a use by date on them, that I would say stick to, due to all of the natural ingredients in them, but I can't really see anything drastic happening if they were used after their use by date.

Lush are also running a great offer on these facemasks that, as far as I know, is an on going thing and not just for a limited time. If you take 5 empty pots back to the shop, they will give you a fresh face mask free.

Oh and, I know your all wondering - what was the little Bro's verdict on Cupcake?
'Well erm... it smells nice, but it felt weird when it was on my face. I might try it again, I dunno...'

Lots of Love

Lola...x

No comments:

Post a Comment