Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Bad Skin Battle - Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Mask...

Hello again you lovely lot!

So you all know how much I love a good facemask. People on twitter may recall me moaning over the past few days about how bad my skin is. I'm not really sure why it's so bad at the moment, but I have been trying out quite a few new products recently, so I am eliminating them one by one! When I was in Asda yesterday, I popped a couple of Montagne Jeunesse masks in my trolley to try and solve the situation.



I got the Exfoliating Masque (left in the picture) for normal, oily and t-zone skin and is supposed to 'gently exfoliate to younger skin'. The other one is the Blemish Mud mask, to 'clear, clean and combat blemishes'.

I'm suffering from both spots and patches of dryness at the moment, which is why I decided on these two, and last night I tried out the Blemish Mud mask. It contains Willow and Aloe Vera and is supposed to clear the skin. 

What do Montagne Jeunesse say about this mask?

'Why put up with blemishes? Our special mud blend of Aloe Vera, Willow, Rosemary and Witch Hazel naturally target your problem areas for a clean complexion.'

The smell of the mask is definitely a love or hate one - I personally love it. Its a very herbal smell, with the Rosemary definitely coming through. Its the kind of smell I love - a natural herbal remedy eske smell that really convinces me its going to do my skin a lot of good.

I usually put masks on with my fingers, but I decided this time to put it on with an old foundation brush. The application was a lot thinner than I would usually have it, but I didn't feel that this made any difference to the effect it had on my face.

I left it on until it was all set and then found it was really easy to remove, which I love!

My skin felt so so good afterwards, and is still feeling lovely this morning - really soft and moisturised! The dry patches seem to have gone (touch wood) which I am so happy with.

I will be trying out the other mask next week so will give a further progress report on this one then.

I got both masks from Asda, although they are available in various different places. They were the ever amazing price of 99p each - and I always get 2 applications out of each packet, so well and truely worth it!

What is your favourite Montagne Jeunesse mask?

Lots of Love

Lola...x

1 comment:

  1. I love these masks!I tried so many and I love them all!have u used the chocolate one it smell soooooooo good and it feel great great review thx girly girl!

    ReplyDelete