Tuesday 1 February 2011

January Favourites...

I can't believe its February already! It's been such a bizarre month - it seems to have flown by, but at the same time been the longest month of my life. New year seems to have been a life time ago, and what with having my exams and everything, some weeks felt never ending.

I don't have too many favourites this month, I have tried so many lovely products, but I really wanted to narrow it down to ones that truely deserve to be here.


First of all I wanted to talk about this sleek blusher that I got from Superdrug for £4.29. The shade is Pixie Pink 936, and is a real bubblegum pink. I love the Sleek Eye Palettes, but I have never tried any of their other products, and I was so impressed with this. I've used it so much since I bought it. It is really pigmented, so a little does go a long way. I have been applying this with an ELF fan brush as I think that favourite Mac 168 applies it a little too heavily. I really love wearing it through the day around the house with some tinted moisturiser, as I feel really fresh faced. Lovely lovely lovely - can't wait to try some of their others!



The next item I have chosen is this Mac MSF in Comfort. I think it can pretty much speak for itself as these are so popular. It is a lovely shimmery bronze, that applies so well. It is perfect to wear on its own, or I like to wear it under a blusher for more of a dramatic look if I am going out. This is in my January Favourites, for the place I got it from and the bargain it was, as well as the product itself being a fabulous product!

I got this from the Cosmetic Company Store in York Designer outlet. I'm not sure how many of these there are around, but I found this shop a couple of years ago, and have become so addicted to it!
The store itself sells discounted beauty products from brands such as Mac, Clinique, Bobbi Brown and more. It really is a little gem of a shop, and while I was there at the beginning of January, it had products from some of Mac's collections, like Venomous Villains and Mac to the Beach - so it's a really good place to grab those limited edition products you may have missed out on.

I got this MSF for just £13 which I was so impressed with I nearly got 2!

I buy so much from this store, and I could not recommend enough you having a look if you have one in your local area!



You may have seen my blog post a couple of weeks ago on the Boots Essentials Cucumber 3 Minute Clay Mask. I bought this Eye Make-Up Remover Gel at the same time and was so impressed with it for the price, that I had to  mention it. You get a massive 150ml for just £1.42, and I have been using everyday since the day I bought it. I have very sensitive skin around my eyes, and I quite often find that my eyes become really sore after using make up remover on them after just a couple of days. This one is so gentle on my skin it feels like a treat, but not so gentle that it doesn't do its job. Just lovely.



Next I have this Aussie Luscious Long Leave In Conditioner. This is available from Boots for £3.67 - but they currently have an offer of 2 Aussie products for £6, with 5p of every purchase going to the MacMillan Charity. I tend not to use a lot of this product as I find my hair can become quite greasey otherwise, but just a couple of spritz brushed through my hair after washing has really been such a life saver for my hair. My hair suffers a lot, with hair dye, drying, straightening, curling... but since using this I have really noticed a massive difference in the condition of my hair, especcially the ends.



I got this lovely Soap and Glory Hand Food from Boots for £4.85 for 120ml - however again this is currently available in a 3 for 2 offer - don't you just love boots!
Soap and Glory is well known fro its fabulous products, and this is no exception. I love absolutely everything about this hand cream. It smells delicious, its not too greasy, it leaves your hands fabulously smooth, soft and supple - its just perfect in every way.
I also have the smaller one for my and bag, as well as keeping one at the boys. I just can't get enough of it, and I really don't think any other hand cream will compare for me any more!

Lots of Love

Lola...x

No comments:

Post a Comment