Monday 10 January 2011

My 6.30pm work face...

Yeyyy, don't we all love a good split shift :(. I figured that seen as I had shown you my morning make up, and I have washed and reapplied since then, I may as well show you my evening shift make up!
It's still pretty basic, and some of the products are the same, but I do like to make a little more effort in the evenings, mainly because I am on the bar rather than serving breakfast and cleaning rooms (this post really makes it sound like I hate my job, but I really do enjoy it - I always miss it when I go back to uni and don't do as many shifts!)

Anyhoo, I'll get some picture up for you. These pictures are all with the flash on which really washes me out, I'm sorry!




I primed my face with Benefit - Dr. Feelgood, and then mixed my Maybelline Dream MAtte Mousse and some Barbara Daly - Soft Focus which I think is exclusive to Tesco. I bought it the other day as they had a 3 for 2 offer so I had nothing to loose.



It's a lovely pink gold shimmery highlighter and illuminating base, and I bought it with the intention of using it for the later as I have sooo many highlighters. I have to say when I first used it, I wasn't impressed at all. I put some on my face just before foundation as a sort of primer base, but it didn't go very far, and almost left a sticky film over my face. I tried it again in this way with no luck, but I then tried mixing it with my foundation before applying, and it felt so much nicer, and gave my skin the dewy look I wanted. I put it with my Dream Matte Mousse, as although I really really love the foundation itself, I sometimes (your going to think I'm a bit of a fruit loop for saying this) don't want the matte finish it leaves. I know it sound rediculous as I am using a matte foundation so shouldn't expect anything else from it, but just adding a touch of this highlighter gives more of a glowing look, that I really like.

After that ramble! Everything else I am wearing -

Benefit Lemon Aid

Benefit Hoola

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish, Comfort

Mac Powder Blush, Light Wine

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Benefit Ooh La Lift - both under the eye and just under my brow

Urban Decay Naked Palette, Sin and Sidecar

Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner, Black

Max Factor False Lash Effect, Black

Definitely going for some zeds now, I feel like I've been up forever!

Heading back to uni tomorrow for a fun week of exams. I will be keeping up with twitter http://twitter.com/#!/LolaRoseBeauty and hopefully on here as well, but I am sorry if I can't as much as I want to!

Lots of Love

Lola...x

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a giveaway over on my blog for a foxtail if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete