Friday 21 January 2011

Boots Essentials Cucumber 3-Minute Clay Mask

Hello Lovelies

The Boots Essentials Cucumber range is something that always brings a smile to my face. It was the first products I ever used when I started taking a little more care of my skin in my early teens, so just one sniff of anything from the range brings back lots of nice memories. I was talking to one of my friends (very young looking, might I add) Mum the other day, and she was telling me how she swears by this range, has always and will continue to always use it.

I decided to go along to Boots to see what the range had to offer these days. I found this yummy little treat, and for £2.03, definitly worth a try.

So what do Boots say?

'Boots Essentials Cucumber 3 Minute Clay Mask is all you need when you need a quick skin fix, it contains extract of cucumber to help gently soften and soothe.'

I used it yesterday for the first time. I first used St Ives Apricot Scrub (lush) all over my face and neck, followed by a good helping of the mask.


(sorry for the awful photo!)

I personally found it a perfect consistancy for a mask, not to water, but not so thick you feel as though you are suffocating your skin. It felt really cool and refreshing on my face, I really enjoyed having it on my face. It didn't set, which I kind of liked. When face masks set on my face, I don't really like the sensation and I almost feel as though they are drying my skin out more - although they are probably not!

After 3 minutes, I washed it off, and my skin felt fabulous! Really soft, mosturised, just really great!

So this was yesterday afternoon - all night at work I felt as if I was glowing. My skin feels nice a clear now, although I would probably say it was going back to normal. So although the results may not last, it was lovely while it did! The directions say to use 2 - 3 times a week, so I will continue to do so to see if there are any lasting improvements.

All in all, I would completely recommend this mask. Its quick, easy with relatively little fuss. My skin felt great last night, so I think it would definitely be something I would use before a night out.

Has anyone else tried anything in the cucumber range?

Lots of Love

Lola...x

1 comment:

  1. YESSSS! I have the cleanser, toner and moisturiser! Cheap and cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete