Wednesday 22 December 2010

Sleek Make Up Eye Palette - Sparkle

Ok, so I bought this eye palette a few weeks ago now and it has been the perfect time to try out the Sparkle edition of the Sleek Make Up Palettes, what with it being the festive season.

The Palette itself, as with all other Sleek palettes, is bursting at the seams with beautiful colour, yet is light and compact - perfect for travelling with. I recently took 3 of the palettes to London with me and didn't notice I had them, which is unusual for a palette that holds 12 colours.

So lets get stuck in...

From the top left across to the top right we have -
Cranberry, Dream Maker, Galactic, Twinkle, Star Light and Noir


From the bottom left across to the bottom right we have -
Illusion, Festive, Mistletoe, Glitz and Glamour, Gold Ribbon and Tinsel

I've done swatches of all the colours below, and as you will see, all of the colours are so pigmanted.

From left to right -
Galactic, Dream Maker and Cranberry




From left to right -
Twinkle, Star Light and Noir



From left to right -
Mistletoe, Festive and Illusion


From left to right -
Tinsel, Gold Ribbon and Glitz and Glamour

Although I absolutely LOVE all of these colours and have tested every single one of them at some point, my favourite has to be Twinkle. It is such an amazingly intense dark blue, which I would never usually go for, and you can make some really good smokey evening looks with it. The sparkle also gives it that extra touch. 

The colour I was most surprised about was Gold Ribbon. It looks very yellowy, and I'm not too keen on yellow based shades for myself personally, but when I tested it out, it was a much warmer gold tone, and made a great base colour.

I am so so impressed with this palette, as I am with all Sleek Make Up Palettes, and, although it is definitely more for evenings, it will be getting a great deal of use!

I have other Sleek Eye Palettes that I will blog about over the next week or so.

I've FINALLY got my Hoola through the post, as well as my ELF brushes today - sooo excited to getting down to test them all out!

I'm also expecting a package from Lola Cosmetics - a lovely make up brand from the USA that I found on Twitter. They are kindly sending me through some products to test, so as soon as they get here I will let you know :)

Lola Rose...x

No comments:

Post a Comment