Sunday 26 June 2011

Guest Post - Say Hello To Yellow With The Fashion Freak...


I have another fabulous guest post for you today. This time I have the lovely lady Claire from The Fashion Freak. I think Claires blog was one of the first ones that I started to follow, I still go back all the time to see whats new. She has done a great post about the recent yellow nail trend, which I have to say, I am a follower of myself!


Say hello to yellow

It's Summer 2011. BBQs, ice-cream and days on the beach spring to mind. But fashion-wise, when it came to thinking about my summer wardrobe, I thought colour-blocking, acid brights and sunshine. For me, this meant only one thing. Yellow!

But as I thought more about it, I realised that despite the colour’s summery feel, it’s not often you see a bright yellow bikini by the pool or a pale lemon dress whilst out for dinner. And really, I felt rather nervous at the thought of putting anything remotely yellow on my not-quite-summer-ready-body.

As much as I love Jil Sander, Lanvin and Marc by Marc Jacobs’ offerings on the catwalk this season, for me (and probably a lot of you too) it’s a little too well, yellow, for me.


But when I heard of the ‘yellow nails’ trend, I summoned up the courage to give it a go. Unfortunately my budget doesn’t stretch to the £17.50 Limited Edition Mimosa polish from Chanel so instead I headed to trusty Barry M and choose the shade ‘Lemon Icecream’. If Katy Perry and Rihanna could pull it off, so could I right?


And I have to say, I think I can. I might not be quite ready for Marc by Marc Jacobs’ sunshine yellow dress but I think yellow nails are fun. I’ll admit, I wasn’t too keen on full-on plain yellow so I added OPI’s Black Shatter to ease myself in but I think it makes it a bit more interesting.

What do you think? Will you be giving the ‘yellow nails’ trend a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment