Monday 13 June 2011

Max Factor New Smooth Effect Foundation Review...



So I bought this foundation as I have seen lots of adverts for it recently in magazines, and as I was browsing around superdrug, I saw that it had an introductory price of £5.99 rather than £7.99, so it seemed the perfect time to buy it.

What do Max Factor say about their new foundation?

'Did you know that the make-up artist secret to create a perfect colour make-up look is a flawless foundation look? The smoother the canvas, the better the colour results. Introducing new Smooth Effect Foundation from Max Factor. It gives you a smooth, even finish – the perfect canvas for a great make-up look!'

I would say this foundation had a light to medium coverage. I usually prefer more of a full coverage, but this one seems to make my skin so flawless, and yet I feel like I have nothing on my face at all. It blends in with my stippling brush like a DREAM, literally as if it is melting into nothing in your skin, and you only need a tiny bit to cover your whole face. It completely smooths out my face, and makes it feel lovely. I would probably go as far to describe this as a foundation and a primer in one, although I would still advise wearing a primer underneath to make your make up stick all day. 

I wasn't expecting to be impressed with this foundation really at all, as Max Factor foundations have never been a favourite, but this one is a must in my holiday make up bag, due to how light it feels, but the fabulous coverage it gives.

Have you tried this yet? What did you think?

While were on this subject, I have been doing a bit of research recently into BB Creams, has anyone tried these or have any recommendations? I'd love to hear your advice!

Lots of Love

Lola...x 

2 comments:

  1. I actually own BB cream :) would you like me to do a review on it soon? xox

    makeuploverconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review Lola!:)

    themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete