Monday 28 March 2011

Umberto Giannini Backcomb in a Bottle Review...

Hey Guys!

I was recently watching an swalkermakeup video, where she mentioned the umberto Giannini Glam Hair Backcomb in a Bottle, and I was really intrigued, so I got some to try out.


So What do they say?

'Instant Miracle Volume and Sexy Texture!

Hair - All hair types.
Look - The instant texture and volume of backcombed hair... unbelievable!
Technique - Spray from approx 6 inches to where you want backcomb effect and jujj hair into shape as you go.
Our Stylists Say - The MUST-HAVE product to achieve full on glamour and up-do's without wrecking your hair with backcombing'

I really like the look of the product itself. The black and silver make it look really sleek and not just like your average hair spray. It has a lovely smell when spraying that completely disappears when its in my hair which I love - theres nothing worse than the whiff of hairspray all day.

I'm not sure how I feel about the description on the back of the bottle. Your going to think I am being so so picky and stupid, and of course it doesn't effect the product itself, but it still kind of bugs me. I hate it when brands try to be really informal on the back of their products and fail. An example of it working would be on the Lee Stafford products. The descriptions are always informal, simple and not full of technical jargon - 'For Hair that doesn't grow past a certain length' but it seems to work - don't ask me why or how! But for me personally, it just doesn't seem to work as well on this... I know I'm being fussy, and your probably all think I'm a nutter, so I'm just going to shut up about it now!

Soooo onto the product itself.

I'm not really sure what I was expecting from it, but I would say I was looking to be really impressed by it - anddddd I have to say, at the moment, I'm pretty much on the fence. After spraying a 'Jujjing' it does have a soft backcombed effect - probably not as much as I would like, but for during the day, it has a nice hold. It's really soft, and doesn't make my hair stiff or stick which I love, but it doesn't hold for long and I do have to respray anf 'Jujj' quite often.

I suppose at the end of the day, it does what it says on the tin, but it hasn't blown me away, I was expecting a lot bigger hair with a lot stronger hold. I will carry on using this, but my quest of big hair continues! 

You can get this for £5.61 from Boots, who currently have an offer on of 2 for £7.50.

Lots of Love

Lola...x

1 comment: