Tuesday 30 November 2010

The First Chapter...

I've been looking into blogging for a while now. It is something that has always interested me. I like nothing more than getting lost for hours in a good blog, and had often thought about the idea of having one myself, but I guess I was pretty reserved about the idea. Why would anyone want to read what I had to say?

That all changed when I joined twitter a couple of months ago (@justLolaRose). I say joined, I've actually been on it for a couple of years, but used it solely to have a noisey at celebs and interesting people I had followed along the way - I never used it to its full potential.

I now realise how addictive, and fun, it is. Although I only have a small number of followers, the idea that even one person wanted to read what I had to say inspired me enough to get over worrying about what people thought about me starting a blog and just do it. It's something I've always wanted to do, and something I would enjoy so why not?

I new all along that any blog that I started would be about my passion for make up. Make up has been something that I have adored for as long as I could remember, something that used to take up my £2 a week pocket money. I fell in love with the idea that, no matter who you are, whether it be an actor on the west end stage, or an 84 year old lady, heading down to bingo, make up can change who you are, make you into the person you want to be, or enhance the beautiful person that you are. It gives people a boost of confidence that gets them that extra bit further. Make up is about making yourself feel as fabulous as everyone else knows you already are.

I know I will have a lot of fun with this blog. Whether anyone else will or not remains to be seen. But even if one more person gets as much out of it as I do, I will be happy :)

Lola Rose...x

No comments:

Post a Comment